Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with Raedion 9250 AGP Card  (Read 2042 times)

scotto58

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    Help with Raedion 9250 AGP Card
    « on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »
    Need some help with the new graphics card I bought off eBay. It is an ATI Raedon 9250 AGP with 256mb DDR memory.
    My computer has an ECS nForce3-a ver.1 motherboard with AMD Athlon64  3000 processor;2gb PC2700 DDR Ram and runnig Windows XP Home.
    The original video card(Gainward GF3 TI200 AGP w/ 64mb mem.) died about a month ago. I pulled the card out of an older computer to keep mine running. That card is a Cirrus Logic 5430/5440 compatible Graphics Adapter.

I tried installing the Raedon card this morning and could not get it to work. Hooking my monitor up to it resulted in a "No Signal" message. Hooked up the Cirrus card with the Raedon still in the computer and it would boot to the desktop for a few seconds then go to a black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper corner. Before going black it did show that the computer detected the new card. Pulled out the Raedon and ran with Cirrus and everything worked.

Did I get a bad card( it is a new card) or is something else going on? ???

Thanks you for any help you can give me.

Scott D. Orbaker

Raptor

Re: Help with Raedion 9250 AGP Card
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 05:10:36 AM »
    Does your motherboard support the voltage the card works at? It's either 3.3v or 1.5v. (Although sometimes both) You'll have to verify this before you damage your mainboard. You should check the manuals of both devices.

Your BIOS might be incorrectly configured too.