Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SPEED UP YOUR PC BY BASIC TASKS!!!  (Read 2819 times)

sub123

SPEED UP YOUR PC BY BASIC TASKS!!!
« on: January 13, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »
Hi guys,

i used a lot of old system and there by i came to know some tasks which can increase your pc perfomance.

1.start>run>%temp%>delete

2.download and use antivirus and anti-malware (if you don't have any my choice are avast! and malware bytes which are free)

3.do a complete boot time scan in your antivirus

4.defragement disks in regular basis
   (start>programs>accessories>system tools)

5.delete unneeded folders and file thereby increase your harddisk space

6.go to add or remove programs in control panel and uninstall as much as softwares you don't need

7.never download any registry cleaners from internet as 70% of them are fake(not all) and make your registry infected

8.don't overload your desktop

9. use system tools pre-loaded with os

10. when you uninstall use uninstallers such as iobit uninstaller which not only uninstalls programs but also remove registry items and hard disk items

11.never use any tools

12.clear browser history or better use firefox which has ability to disable history

13.right click the local disk in tools tab use check disk

14.download from trusted sources only

15.in system properties select advanced tab and in perfomance, select settings and click adjust pc  for best perfomance

16.empty recycle bin regularly

17.make regular back-up your system which would help in case something went wrong which can be taken from start?programs>accessories>system tools>back up

18.as already said download from trusted source only downloading fake anti-virus is a virus itself. (i done this myself)

19.on downloading softwares better click "open" if you hit "save" it occupy space

20.if your memory(ram) is too low then change your default theme to classic which helps you in  a very minute amount

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: SPEED UP YOUR PC BY BASIC TASKS!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:01:54 AM »
For 1, 10, and 12, I use Ccleaner. I don't use boot scan. Additionally, you could use the free edition of Superantispyware and making sure protection softwares are up to date.

sub123

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »
For 1, 10, and 12, I use Ccleaner. I don't use boot scan. Additionally, you could use the free edition of Superantispyware and making sure protection softwares are up to date.

SOME ANTI-VIRUS ON SCANNING, LEFT  APPLICATIONS UNSCANNED WHICH ARE PRESENTLY IN USE. SO BOOT TIME SCAN IS GOOD IN MY OPINION

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:00:40 AM »
It is a user's choice but I have not been using that option.
SOME ANTI-VIRUS ON SCANNING, LEFT  APPLICATIONS UNSCANNED WHICH ARE PRESENTLY IN USE
All files or directories will be scanned if you choose current partitions even when certain programs are being used.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:58:39 AM »
9. use system tools pre-loaded with os

11.never use any tools
Okay...
No sometimes your system will come with a fair amount of trial software and bloatware, like mine did.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none