Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Demonstration  (Read 2694 times)

Raptor

Demonstration
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »
A client of mine wants to have a system where he can demonstrate to a customer what their end-product will looks like.

I'm not entirely sure about the specifics of that yet but I am now looking for a system that will allow me to project onto a second screen what the operator wants to be projected. (as opposed as to just replicating the first monitor or expanding it.)

Any suggestions to help me find what I'm looking for?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Demonstration
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
Would a dual-display not work? You could drag the image/video to the second screen...

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Would a dual-display not work? You could drag the image/video to the second screen...

The problem is that it will be operated by people who aren't very knowledgable about these things or computers in general and I want to prevent them from moving things onto the screen that the customer isn't supposed to see.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
What about one of those pocket projectors? If you were to use a virtual environment and project that environment, you could then let it run in the background while using the computer for other tasks....would that work?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:05:03 AM »
    Could you give us an example of what you mean by this " a system that will allow me to project onto a second screen" and only be this "what the operator wants to be projected"  and how that is defeated by duplicating what is being presented on (for example the screen of the operator) as would be with a laptop (being used by the operator) and connected to say  an hdmi tv or monitor or to a projector for the audience viewing? When would the operator want to show something other than what "he/she" is viewing? truenorth

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »
    Well, say that the operator has a list of items and prices but only wants to show the item and the sales price to the customer even though the operator might have access to the original cost, supply on his screen.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »
      So your concern is that the "source" can contain information that you do not want to make available to the audience. I can see that being an issue. So why not create a display from whatever the source is and before making it a display for the intended audience remove the part(s) that you don't want included. Such as editing it via a computer function then either create a "new" file with only the displayed information you want displayed and use that file as your audience source. You could run it from the file directly or burn it to a cd/dvd and either run it from a computer optical drive or from a stand alone cd/dvd player. Would that accomplish the objective? truenorth

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
        • Programming Blog
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
      So your concern is that the "source" can contain information that you do not want to make available to the audience. I can see that being an issue. So why not create a display from whatever the source is and before making it a display for the intended audience remove the part(s) that you don't want included.

Or make another user account and switch between the two.
      YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »
      That "mark solved" button next to the reply button is really annoying.

Although simple, you might onto something, Truenorth. I have yet to find out if the content is going to be generated on the spot or if it will be made beforehand. if it's the latter, your solution would be rather easy to implement.

I'll be back!

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
        Good luck,truenorth

mroilfield

Mentor
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 09:57:28 PM »
        The problem is that it will be operated by people who aren't very knowledgable about these things or computers in general and I want to prevent them from moving things onto the screen that the customer isn't supposed to see.

I am sorry to say but if the people operating the system aren't knowledgeable enough to only drag what they want the customer to see on to the other monitor then I am afraid there is no easy solution to this.

Maybe a basic computer course is what is needed.
        You can't fix Stupid!!!