Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows boot problem. NTLDR is missing.  (Read 3349 times)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Windows boot problem. NTLDR is missing.
    « on: January 16, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
    Last night I used Acronis True Image Home 2012. What I did I wanted to clone my HDD. So I set program to run and went to bed. This morning when I woke up I noticed some error on the screen:  NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. So I did a restart one time, second time and again and still same error. Then I tried to start up Windows thru my bootable flash drive with Win7 installation disk (DVD drive is broken on this computer, can't open it up). That still didn't solve the problem.

Googling for my problem I read somewhere that one of some steps to resolve this issue is to disable Quick Boot Option in BIOS. I can't see such option in BIOS of my computer. Really.

Just very lately I notice that I'm not even able to boot from my flash drive >:(yes, I checked in BIOS that settings are correct to boot from flash drive). Like I mention above, I was able to boot flash drive in the morning, now - not even that. Instead of that I get Windows Boot Manager info. Among other things it says there:
    File: \Boot\BCD
    Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry.

Moreover, I read on some sites that an error "NTLDR is missing" doesn't apply to Win7. Like this error can't happen in Win7. What's the heck ? I'm using Win7 on this computer >:(
    I'm pretty frustrated with this problem.

Some piece of advice, please :)

EDIT: I'd like also to add that no any external hard drive, flash drive, floppy disk or CD/DVD has been inserted since I notice the problem. Only one OS has been used on this computer (Win7).
    EDIT2: All this problem concerns my second computer.
    HP Slimline
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Intel QuadCore
    RAM (if I remember) 4 GB
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:33:20 PM by doer »