Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CBS has it's web directory removed  (Read 2809 times)

Mulreay

Topic Starter

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
CBS has it's web directory removed
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
All I know is 'Anonymous' have completed removed/deleted CBS's web directory.

www.cbs.com
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: CBS has it's web directory removed
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »
Works here...
At the risk of crossing the Political spectrum they are a bunch of pimple faced lawless thugs who in the name of securing freedom for the Web are actually going to create more and more restrictions on it because of security concerns...

They also are now employing spambots on unwitting user s PC's to carry out their DOS attacks on institutions....doesn't sound like freedom to me if someone is using my PC without consent.

Hypocrites.

There nuff said.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mulreay

Topic Starter

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
Agreed..

Earlier there was nothing on the site.. obviously like any sane person they backed it up.

I agree though, script kiddies doing more harm than good.
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »
At the risk of crossing the Political spectrum they are a bunch of pimple faced lawless thugs who in the name of securing freedom for the Web are actually going to create more and more restrictions on it because of security concerns...
The "security issues" exist on the site. Who exploits them doesn't really change that. Presumably however it convinces those responsible for the servers to actually secure them properly, rather than do a half-assed job.

Of course the DDOS's are a different story and require ero technical knowledge and aren't something that can be defended against. (and considering that government websites are essentially paid for by taxpayers I'd argue that it's somewhat self-defeating).

They also are now employing spambots on unwitting user s PC's
 to carry out their DOS attacks on institutions....doesn't sound like freedom to me if someone is using my PC without consent.
Not that I've heard... Though I did find this. Thing is, it was more or less random members of anonymous so strong in their convictions that they seeded links via twitter and other social media that when clicked would make the user clicking the link a node in the DDOS. However, I don't feel this should be blamed on the group as a whole, just a few bad apples. The anonymous Orchard probably has a higher ratio of bad apples, though.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.