Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Task bar  (Read 2564 times)

micromos

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I ask, therefore I learn!
    • Experience: Beginner
    Task bar
    « on: January 19, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
    I am trying to get use to using Windows 7 systems after having XP.  Can anyone tell me how to place an icon on my task bar at the bottom of my screen for "My Documents" and "Desktop".  Currently, I have to minimize whatever I have up to get to my desktop and to "My Documents" shortcut icon on my desktop.  Thx, Micromos

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Task bar
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
    Desktop aready exists as a blank square all the way to the right...
    For any others  just rite clik the tasklbar/select new toolbar and pick your choice...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »
    I am trying to get use to using Windows 7 systems after having XP.  Can anyone tell me how to place an icon on my task bar at the bottom of my screen for "My Documents" and "Desktop".  Currently, I have to minimize whatever I have up to get to my desktop and to "My Documents" shortcut icon on my desktop.  Thx, Micromos

Do you mean a "Show desktop" button, or do you mean the older functionality that allowed you to add a "Explorer band" that would allow you to popup a menu consisting of all the items in a specified folder (such as the desktop)?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »
    Just right-click taskbar and choose Properties -Toolbars tab and checkmark Desktop. Hit Apply. Or  Properties - Toolbars and checkmark Desktop.