Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having some issues with my new graphics card that I believe are driver related.  (Read 8091 times)

Raptor

Your computer is virus free?

Bob_Smith

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Yeah it's virus free. Haven't had a virus in quite some time.
    I think I may just take it into a local computer shop and see what they make of it.

Raptor

Yeah it's virus free. Haven't had a virus in quite some time.
    I think I may just take it into a local computer shop and see what they make of it.

What virus scanner?

It sounds to me like a device isn't functioning like it should. It's most likely a driver issue.

I think you should update the drivers for each device. You might also want to clear up a lot of start-up entries that could interfere with 3D applications or hardware in general.

Also, what refresh rate is your monitor set to and what refresh rate are you trying to run these games at? Is it a CRT or an LCD monitor?

Bob_Smith

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Hey sorry I sort of left this thread without answering your questions:

I'm running avast!, I have my monitor's refresh rate at 60 hertz, and I use a LN32B460 Samsung LCD television as my monitor hooked up by an hdmi-hdmi cable.
      This problem still unfortunately persists even after taking it into a local computer repair shop. They said they had no issue changing and keeping the resolution between restarts.

Which means it's probably something on my end.
      I've tried multiple hookups to this monitor so it's not the cord. I doubt it's the monitor since it's worked fine for the last few graphics cards I've used.