Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Finding Recycle Bin from C: drive  (Read 13723 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Finding Recycle Bin from C: drive
« on: June 02, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
Ok so im fixing my friends PC and she says its terribly slow, and she needs a geek so i took the offer. This thing is slow and it has registry issues where i do so much as right click and it locks up on me. Anyways she wants a few things off of the computer before i do a back-up from the back-up partition dell has given. I connected her 80GB drive as a slave using a Ide to USB connection and copied all of her documents off. She also would like all files in the recycling to be recovered.. Now my question is which directory is the recycling bin located in under the drive. I tried C:/recycle bin after enabling hidden folders but it doesnt show.... Both computers (hers and mine im using to recover) run windows XP SP3 any ideas on how to get the recyle bin files??? thanks.

Pyro

Starter

• Computer: Specs
Re: Finding Recycle Bin from C: drive
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Try "C:\$Recycle.Bin".

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:45:43 AM »
This thing is slow and it has registry issues where i do so much as right click and it locks up on me.
Not a registry issue. This is almost exclusively caused by crappy or broken Explorer Shell extensions. In this case (the right-click causing problems) it's usually a result of a broken Right-click menu handler extension.

you can enable/disable such extensions using Shell Menu View.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »
Its not the extensions issue its just slow like a turtle.... Not just the right click opening files or folders even boot up is slow..... Im trying to restore it to factorh settings.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
If you restore from the Dell PC Restore partition, it will erase everything anyway.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »
Yes i know that i have Already restored the computer and i did end up getting everything from the recycling bin. I simply gave the computer a good hour to sit and boot up then copied everything into a folder on the desktop and using the ide to usb connection and went into the douments and settings and copied that folder ocer to my externql drive. Thanks for your help and support in this issue.  Topic closed.