Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pps files  (Read 2591 times)

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

pps files
    « on: January 26, 2012, 03:59:26 PM »
    i occasionally get an email with a pps attachment and when i try to open it my computer says i don't have a program to handle that pps stuff.    so i installed a microsoft windows powerpoint viewer program (it's in the list of add/remove items now) and tried to open the pps email again.....and got the same message window.    i have IE8, but i'm generally on mozilla firefox...and my e-mail is outlook express.     so how come i can't open the pps mail?  the powerpoint shows up 9-10 times in the folder options section of control panel.    i even tried going to IE8 to read the e-mail and there was no change.  any suggestions

truenorth

Guru

Re: pps files
      « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:17:17 PM »
      .PPS files should normally be able to be viewed with "power point viewer". It will only allow viewing not editing/converting them. However Open Office  (a free alternative to Microsoft Office) will also allow viewing of .PPS files and will allow editing converting (to .PDF files if desired). You might want to give it a try,
      http://www.openoffice.org
      truenorth

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
        i looked at the site you offered and it looks waaayyyy more complicated than i want.    the e-mail in question (today, anyway) is some pictures of the Costa cruise wreck that have not been generally seen.    i would not want to edit or convert anything about the mail.....just look.    can you think of any reason why the pps program doesn't work?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
        Have you tried rite clicking the PPS and selecting Open With and pointing it to the PP viewer ? ?
        Only reason i cant see this wotking is if the file is zipped up by another app or is in fact corrupt...
        Have them re-send it to test.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
          THANK YOU !!!!!!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes