Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer Not Displaying Properly  (Read 3691 times)

just1dirtroad

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Internet Explorer Not Displaying Properly
    « on: January 25, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »
    I have a compaq presario sr1303wm running XP with sp3 on it.  I have always had issue with the internet explorer or foxfire not diplaying the same as other computers.  Now I'm not able to see some of the little macro buttons for actions, and sometimes I see text in the button and text written again over the top.  Please help??

Thanks,

truenorth

Guru

Re: Internet Explorer Not Displaying Properly
      « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:55:21 AM »
      What versions of IE and FF are you using? What add-ons if any have you selected or disabled in those browsers? Give Opera a try and see if the issue is resolved. Or if FF is a must then try "Sea Monkey" (by Mozilla) and see if that makes a difference. truenorth

just1dirtroad

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:26:56 AM »
        I have IE 7 and recently updated foxfire.  I tried Opera and I think it is going to work for me.  I still am bugged I cant get IE or FF working right with this old hunk of junk. 

Thanks again for your help!

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
          I don't know if it was a limited issue but i as did some other users (when i used to have both IE--6 i believe--and FF installed) that i would have conflicts between them causing issues. Don't know if that can be contributing to your issue. You might want to try using Seamonkey in conjunction with Opera and see how that goes if you desire more than one browser. I also use Google Chrome as a secondary browser on my laptop (with Seamonkey) but may soon be deleting Google for other factors i am becoming concerned about. Of course browsers are a personal preference thing largely based on familiarity i suspect but of the ones i have tried so far Opera is by far my favorite. truenorth