Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered...  (Read 2775 times)

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered...
    « on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
    So I've been having trouble sleeping, so I decided to get back on my computer and I went to the internet, was listening music and watching youtube and I noticed this popup at the bottom right came up, and said "Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered". I thought, ok this was weird. I continued on, noticing a little bit of lag when I tried to watch a video and it wasnt working properly. Well, I full screened a video and my PC ended up bluescreening on me! This has never happened before, and I had just installed a new update for AMD Vision Engine Control Center, (I think it was at like a 12.1 update).

So, does anyone know what this means and what I should do?
    Doesn't need help as fast anymore ;)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: AMD Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered...
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »
    Since it just started i would roll back that update you installed...it may very well be the issue.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:34:58 AM »
    Heh, I also had a bluescreen after an AMD driver update while listening to music and watching videos online a few weeks back. Never happened before to me and hasn't returned.

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »
      Yeah, I just updated to 12.1 or whatever, but if I have to be honest, I was a bit pushy when starting programs and had alot going. I've gotten into that habit. I noticed when it restarted, it was slow as *censored* to load up, but seems to be doing fine right now so far.
      Doesn't need help as fast anymore ;)