Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bluetooth not working  (Read 2625 times)

splinter84

Topic Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
bluetooth not working
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
Hi guys.
Im using Windows 7 64bit Ultimate.
 I recently installed bluesoleil software, but decided to go back to previous configuration, and now my bluetooth not accepting conections or finding any devices via bluetooth, (when i press ''show bluetooth devices'', window is just refreshing slowly and at the end nothing happens. I've tryed removing drivers cleaning register, re-pluging bluetooth dongle, restarting... after that windows automaticly find and installs bluetooth drivers, but no devices are found. My htc desire phone says that there are no bluetooth object push services on my pc, Unified remote on windows startup gives me a message that no bluetooth stack is found... any advice please? Thank you.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: bluetooth not working
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:38:21 AM »
What bluetooth device are you using?  Built-in?  Bluesoleil software is issued and crytographically locked to particular hardware, so you can't just install it; you have to use whatever software came with the bluetooth device you're using.

Note that when I say "bluetooth device" here, I'm talking about the computer hardware, not a phone or anything else you're trying to connect.

Have you tried using Windows "System Restore" to go back to a point when everything was working?

XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084
Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/What-is-System-Restore
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

splinter84

Topic Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
It's a mini bluetooth dongle. I've tryed to reinstall software which this dongle came with, and its just an older version of Bluesoleil. As for system restore, unfortunately i have it turned off.
I might try to reinstall all the motherboard drivers cd, and see if that helps.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »
I suspect they are not 64bit drivers...therefore it's not gonna work properly...
One of the disadvantages of having the latest OS.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "