Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Overdrive Media Console and Windows media player  (Read 3393 times)

pursuant

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
    Overdrive Media Console and Windows media player
    « on: February 01, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
    I am trying to download book form an online library. It requires a security update to windows media player. When I go through the steps to do this its suppose to start windows media player. It doesn't . Next i went directly to the the player to see if I could download it there The only updates available are  for the player itself and I have the latest version 12.07 so i can't download any security patches. I have looked though some of the responses here but the only one I saw was to update IE. I don't use I E but I do have the latest version of that too. How can I get this security update?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Overdrive Media Console and Windows media player
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »
    Can you post the online book link along with the security update detail or messages?

pursuant

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:59:48 PM »
       Thanks ....no specific book link just. The message said I needed a security update to windows media player and gave instructions on how to do it . Open Overdrive, go to tool hit the menu then hit "windows media security upgrade"  at which point windows media player is suppose to open and from there you can download an update. But there is no update for security only an update for the program itself. Window media player does not open from Overdrive Media Console.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
      I don't use Overdrive so you might wanna check the suggestions similar to your problem here.

pursuant

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
        Thanks for your help, but no solutions there

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »
        I am sorry if no solution is applicable from the thread. Please wait for another member who might give you the solution to your issue. You could always check from your available time if a suggestion is posted.