Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook password  (Read 2958 times)

NF

Outlook password
« on: September 14, 2005, 03:41:39 PM »
I have Windows XP and I want my email to remember my password, but it will not.  When prompted for the password, the remember password box is checked.  What else can I do?  Is there something I can change in the registry?

merlin_2

Re: Outlook password
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 03:45:29 PM »
Reset internet explorer back to defaults mode

Tools/internet options/advanced

NF

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 03:48:24 PM »
That did not work.  I don't know if this matters, but this is my computer at work.  I go into accounts and enter my password there, but it still will not remember it.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:59:27 PM »
Seek help from the ntec at work.........or the admin......some may have removed the options of saving passwords.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:00:03 PM by merlin_2 »

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 12:21:31 AM »
    Go to Tools->Internet Options->Content

There you will find Auto Content.

Check if its enabled or not.
    Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

NF

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 08:55:56 AM »
    That did not fix the problem.  Thanks though.

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 02:56:38 AM »
      Are the cookies enabled on your system.
      Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

NF

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 06:52:29 AM »
      I think they are.  My security level is set to Medium.  Is there anything else I can check?

pied

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:55 AM »
      This works for Outlook Express...I'm not sure about just Outlook though.......give this a try.......
      1) open your email
      2) click on tools, then
      3) click "accounts"....under the "mail" tab, highlight your account and click on properties
      4) Under "incoming Mail Server" you should have your account nake and probably no password inserted
      5) Go ahead and put your password in and then click "Save password" right below it

**Do not click or put a check mark in "Log on using Secure Password Authentication".....
      Outgoing mail server should be unchecked also....

Hope this help......

NF

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 06:14:54 AM »
      I have done this many times.  I enter the password under accounts/mail/properties., the remember password is checked then I click apply, close everything and when I open my email it will promt me for the passowrd.  The remember password box is checked on that screen also???

Jeffrey Wolfe

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 07:38:03 AM »
      Hopefully this will help you out. I am assuming you have a logon and password for your workstation and then a different one for Your outlook. As long as you are using exchange on the server end this will work. Have your user name and password for your email changed to the same as your Windows logon. The problem is you are making a secure connection with the exchange box and it doesnt matter how often you check the box to save it is always going to want you to Authenticate to the email server.

Pres

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 03:20:18 PM »
      I am looking for help with Outlook Express.  This is my first visit.

I need to print out 3 different "groups"  All I get are the names, no email addresses.  I need both.  Would you have an answer.  If I could print the block of information that appears when you hover the mouse over the groups name, that would help.  But, it goes away when the mouse is moved.

Fed

• Sage
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 02:47:40 AM »
        I am looking for help with Outlook Express.  This is my first visit.

I need to print out 3 different "groups"  All I get are the names, no email addresses.  I need both.  Would you have an answer.  If I could print the block of information that appears when you hover the mouse over the groups name, that would help.  But, it goes away when the mouse is moved.

>:(