Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Reader Issue  (Read 8048 times)

Raptor

Re: Adobe Reader Issue
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
Did you try REVO uninstaller to remove all the remains?

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/problems-uninstalling-reader.html

Here's a page detailing removal instructions for 8.0. 9.0 shouldn't be radically different.

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »
Oh, I guess you tried REVO.

Nothing left but tp manually remove it, then.

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
    Thanks Raptor as i mentioned that is the only thing at this point i think i can do. I do realize that that method is likely to leave a certain amount of residue but I'll just have to live with that.truenorth

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 06:11:17 PM »
      In the past I've found ccleaner (tools/uninstall) good for getting rid of things that windows add/remove programs seems to fail with.
      It will even get rid of those blank white entries that some programs leave on the list.
      If you have to delete manually then the ccleaner registry cleaner is quite safe to clean up any junk left over.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »
      God Bless Adobe and their writers...

Drivin PC Users to insanity for 30 + years...

I won't mention how well Flash is designed...that's for another 4 page Topic.

Hope you get it sorted Truenorth and sorry to go off on a tangent here...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
        patio, don't sweat it. I recently went on one of those  re Adobe myself with reference to their never ending updates for flash and reader.truenorth

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
        Just boggles my mind that for example most users do not know there are Flash installers /update tools available easily at their site...
        You are a Software writer for cryin out loud....why aren't those built in to every update ? ?

Same holds true for Adobe Reader fer chrissake.

Ludicrous...i say.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
        In the past I've found ccleaner (tools/uninstall) good for getting rid of things that windows add/remove programs seems to fail with.
        It will even get rid of those blank white entries that some programs leave on the list.
        If you have to delete manually then the ccleaner registry cleaner is quite safe to clean up any junk left over.
        Ditto.  CCleaner was going to be my next suggestion. 

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »
        So how did this turn out? Did you enter the registry and do it manually?

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
          Raptor, If that question is directed at me.I have NOT yet used the CC Cleaner route re Adobe Reader (but it is my intention to do so). I decided in the interim to rejuvenate a desktop Compaq xp that i had acquired about 1 year ago and while doing so found that there were warnings popping up from Symantec re  Norton products. Even though none were listed in add/remove programs but however did show up in a windows search (2 items) tried many methods of removal including going into Symantec in the registry. Was able to remove some bits but some refused to be removed even via the registry. I keep getting advisories that i am NOT permitted to remove the entries until i remove the program from add/remove (which as stated already is NOT there). The specific Symantec tool for removal says the same thing. Some of these programs must have strains of pitbull in their genes as they never want to let go. truenorth