Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What language is this?  (Read 28562 times)

Raptor

Re: What language is this?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
I don't understand. What do you mean you can't work with that?

Red, Obama

Why can't you answer all the other questions like that?

Let's start from the top:

Problems:

You have a problem with odd characters appearing where they should not.
You believe some email never arrives

Questions:

1. Have you installed Security Essentials and done a full scan?
2. What email program are you using and have you tried setting it to ask for return receipts?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
Sorry if I have problems with all that. Due to my handicaps, chronic illness, in pain and sick all the time, causes me to have learning disabilities and stuff like that.
I'm trying the best I can.

Can't be perfect with everything in life, but we all try the best we can is all.

My sister and brother-in-law scanned them with that Security Essintials.
They backed up the files onto a removable portable hard drive and took them home and scanned them.

Bellsouth is the name of the program we use. They sent us the Disc and everything else when we signed up for the DSL.
Yes, it's set for return receipts.

Raptor

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
So you currently have SE installed? Because when you write "them", I'm not sure whose computer you are speaking of.

Did SE find anything?

Bellsouth is the name of the program we use.

Do you have a screenshot of this program? I have never seen it before.

Yes, it's set for return receipts.

Have any of these receipts come come back and told you the email was read?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:47 AM »
Have any of these receipts come come back and told you the email was read?

Talking receipts are the way of the future!
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Raptor

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 05:26:10 AM »
Talking receipts are the way of the future!

Clown.  :-*

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
So you currently have SE installed? Because when you write "them", I'm not sure whose computer you are speaking of.

Did SE find anything?

Looks like stuff I'm trying to write here is getting erased or changed somehow.
I'll try and answer it again.
That is why I put My sister and brother-in-law. Sorry, I don't know how else to word things. People are trying to help me with this, because yes, I always have problems on how to word things so others will understand.

Especially when we all come from a different country. Of course it makes having the internet fun, you can learn more about other countries.
I do better with math and science. Which is why 1 of my goals in life is to one of these days pass the Reading portions of the College Test. On the Math sections, I scored really high. High enough to take things such as Calculus, Trig, etc...
Which that is limiting the classes I can take.
I can take any Business tech classes and any Math classes. Some of the computer classes I've taken-  Accounting on Computers, Computer Concepts & Applications.
For the moment, I've stopped taking classes, since my health has gotten worse over the years.

Also, one of the things that is broken, is the handicap software.
Please understand, I'm trying my best to answer the questions.

Below
My sister and brother-in-law scanned them with that Security Essintials.
They backed up the files onto a removable portable hard drive and took them home and scanned them.
Which she said no viruses found.

Raptor

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 05:21:35 AM »
Looks like stuff I'm trying to write here is getting erased or changed somehow.
I'll try and answer it again.
That is why I put My sister and brother-in-law. Sorry, I don't know how else to word things. People are trying to help me with this, because yes, I always have problems on how to word things so others will understand.

It's not being erased, it's just not making any sense so I ask again.

Which she said no viruses found.

Okay. Maybe you should get your sister onto the forum so I can talk to her...

Especially when we all come from a different country. Of course it makes having the internet fun, you can learn more about other countries.

Are you saying you are NOT American? Because my English is just fine, thank you very much.

I do better with math and science. Which is why 1 of my goals in life is to one of these days pass the Reading portions of the College Test. On the Math sections, I scored really high. High enough to take things such as Calculus, Trig, etc...

Thanks for letting me know. Nice weather we're having today, aye, ma'am?

I can take any Business tech classes and any Math classes. Some of the computer classes I've taken-  Accounting on Computers, Computer Concepts & Applications.
For the moment, I've stopped taking classes, since my health has gotten worse over the years.

That's sad to hear. What in the *censored* does this have to do with your computer displaying weird symbols?

What handicap software? Why are you throwing these things in?

No you're not.

Amy, do I look like a clown? Am I here to amuse you? I'm starting to lose patience.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 05:59:35 AM »

This is the problem AmyR7, Raptor asks

Did SE find anything?

Then you answer

Yet you have NOT answered the question, you just babble on about things that we DO NOT need to know.

Try answering the questions and keeping you posts limited to the problem by providing SPECIFIC information only or i fear, after 5 pages of going round in circles, very soon you'll be on your own.
11 cheers for binary !

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »
    I had indicated some posts back that i was extracting myself from this thread. However in a desire to try and  help ensure the ongoing sanity of some of the other CH members that seem prepared to persist in this thread i am going to make a suggestion that if the intent is valid (a real problem exists and a practical solution is sought).
    Given that the O/P has stated a self proclaimed diminished capacity allegedly due to medical issues. Also that she/he has often referred to other family members having participated in the progress of this issue. Be it resolved that the O/P shall bring another family member on-board to dialogue with forum members on this thread so as that it can be resolved before everyone that has tried to assist bails out. This suggestion is based on a couple of  premises.
    1. There is an ACTUAL computer related problem to be resolved.
    2. The O/P is NOT endeavoring to set a new CH record for the number of pages devoted to a single post.
    truenorth
    P.S. If anything next stated by the O/P in the thread does NOT deal with implementing the suggestion as stated above the thread be closed.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Hi Everyone!!
      • Funtrivia
    « Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
    It's not being erased, it's just not making any sense so I ask again.

Okay. Maybe you should get your sister onto the forum so I can talk to her...

Are you saying you are NOT American? Because my English is just fine, thank you very much.

Thanks for letting me know. Nice weather we're having today, aye, ma'am?

That's sad to hear. What in the *censored* does this have to do with your computer displaying weird symbols?

What handicap software? Why are you throwing these things in?

No you're not.

Amy, do I look like a clown? Am I here to amuse you? I'm starting to lose patience.

We are sorry to hear that you are upset. This is causing Amy more stress too, which is not good at all for her illnesses, she has to avoid it, and is hard when people are saying things to her, things she can't help.
    Amy is trying her best under the circumstances. Her illnesses cause her to not understand things as well, and
    the handicap software, you don't know about it because you don't deal with handicaps people on a daily basis.
    Having to use more than 1 hand to do things with is difficult, and other tasks too.
    Here is a site if you want to understand more about it
    http://www.microsoft.com/enable/at/matvplist.aspx

No, viruses found. We put the files on a portable hard drive took it home, and no viruses found with SE.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
    I agree that there have been rude and thoughtless comments in this thread. If others don't have anything helpful to add to this thread, I'm certain they will simply stop posting. And I apologize on behalf of the forum for those offensive comments.

Raptor

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
    No, viruses found. We put the files on a portable hard drive took it home, and no viruses found with SE.

It's still vague but at least we're getting somewhere.

So you scanned the external drive but not the actual computer, right? It is important that you scan the entire computer. Preferably using SE.

the handicap software, you don't know about it because you don't deal with handicaps people on a daily basis.

And what exactly is broken about it?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Hi Everyone!!
      • Funtrivia
    « Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »
    It's still vague but at least we're getting somewhere.

So you scanned the external drive but not the actual computer, right? It is important that you scan the entire computer. Preferably using SE.

And what exactly is broken about it?
    The files are all the files from the computer. So, yes, the actual computer. All of the files that are on her computer.

We can't get the features set back up to work again.
    1. The voice part of it. For example, if you are looking for a file, you just say the name of the file or files.
    And the punctuation if any in it.
    One of the things the guy did is renamed the files, and we don't know what he renamed them too.
    He was being very vague. So, yes, we understand what vague means.
    2. The Sticky keys, so you don't have to type with both hands.
    So, you don't have to hit more than 1 key at a time
    3. Also, things with the mouse and other things, having to use more physical energy to type at all and move the mouse.
    So, this causes her muscles to hurt much worse.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
      If there was anything that i said in post # 68 that appeared to be rude i sincerely do apologize. Nothing could be further from the truth. All my emphasis of that post was based on there being an actual computer related issue for which a solution was being sought. As one of the earliest responders when the question (at least i thought it was) was "What language is this? " i did in fact do research to answer that precise question. The fact that this thread has gone on for so very long and at times seems to meander in a variety of directions in my view it needed to regain some focus with a more defined objective and hence my suggestion that some other person (familiar with the actual "problem") come on board to assist to that end. truenorth

Raptor

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
      1. The voice part of it. For example, if you are looking for a file, you just say the name of the file or files.
      And the punctuation if any in it.

And reinstalling this product does not resolve the situation?

One of the things the guy did is renamed the files, and we don't know what he renamed them too.

Yeah, that's going to be quite impossible to figure out without any prior knowledge. Was there a specific reason that this needed to be done?

2. The Sticky keys, so you don't have to type with both hands.
      So, you don't have to hit more than 1 key at a time

You can enable those by pressing the left shift five times in a row, quickly.

3. Also, things with the mouse and other things, having to use more physical energy to type at all and move the mouse.
      So, this causes her muscles to hurt much worse.

What's wrong with the mouse? You can make it more smooth from the control panel.