Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yep sorry another windows blue screen:(  (Read 3667 times)

commentor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Yep sorry another windows blue screen:(
    « on: February 02, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
    I did a search but I am computer clueless:( I am thinking it is my harddrive but oh so don't need or want it to be:( I can not get into any mode:( I am maybe running a windows blue screen symptom test every few seconds I have to say keep testing but only sense I am clueless so hoping if done it may change something? I keep getting Error code 0F00:0244
    msg block 150929096 uncorrectable data error or media is write protected. I do not have the cd or anything as this is a school laptop sorry I am so clueless and maybe was even confused by the info in other peoples threads, I just don't know what to do:(
    as maybe a new harddrive would be what is need but so don't want to do that if there is another fix? thanks for your help and understanding!!

commentor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Yep sorry another windows blue screen:(
      « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 01:21:58 PM »
      Do I need to give more info or am I just out of luck? do I need to go in to a different menu? off to work now but sure hope I can help more if anyone can help me find the info or help me in this?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
      Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
        Just before we get you too involved in doing things on this computer.Could you please elaborate on this "this is a school laptop ". Does that mean you use it for school and it's yours or does it mean it belongs to the school? If it is the latter then you should let the school IT party deal with bringing it  back to functionality. truenorth

commentor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
          Just before we get you too involved in doing things on this computer.Could you please elaborate on this "this is a school laptop ". Does that mean you use it for school and it's yours or does it mean it belongs to the school? If it is the latter then you should let the school IT party deal with bringing it  back to functionality. truenorth

Okay thanks I will ask about this

commentor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »
            Download BlueScreenView:
            http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
            unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
            when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
            Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
            Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

Thanks for your help sad thing is It does not boot in any mode so I don't think I can get to my desktop
            so I can't download? I start it and then it sorta boots but the goes to the blue screen?
            and so far every option I try that is on the screen after hitting f7 does not work?
            again thanks for the help and your reply:D

Allan

• Mastermind
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
            Before we offer more help we'll wait to hear what happens with your school.

commentor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »
              Before we offer more help we'll wait to hear what happens with your school.

Okay:( Thanks for the offer:) but I understand :(

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
                Just to be clear. It is not that we do not wish to help however your school would most likely NOT be happy if you did things to their equipment without giving them the notification of the problems with it and allowing their technician to deal with it. So in this instance it probably serves YOU best to make them aware of the problem. Plus hopefully by doing so the technician who will have a far greater advantage by having the computer in front of him be able to asses the problem and correct it quicker than we can with the disadvantage of not having it physically present.truenorth