Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: desprate for help hdd's  (Read 1989 times)

daddy_b

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    desprate for help hdd's
    « on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »
    would be very greatful if someone could help me
    i recently helpped a m8 fix his computer
    his 200g ide hdd was full of errors and virus's and was so old it took me ages to get it wiped clean (id put it into my computer which is running 2 hdd's one on ide and one on sata

anyway basically now my main sata drive wont load my os (win 7) when i tried to reload from disk it gave me code 5 error (thinking because the disk wasnt burnt at 4x  it was done at 6x) but in any case when i tried loading on its own i get trouble loading your os

so what i did was load win 7 onto my secondary drive (ide) which i used for storage of games vids ect

now i have all my files that i need like pics and everything else on my main one that wont do anything so im able to load win7 from my secondary but as it was only ment for storage its not that big (so very slow and driving me nuts)

could somebody please help me get my main sata working again

tried doing repair's from a win 7 disk and all sorts of other stuff bt i cannot loose all the info i got on there so dont wanna do a full format or full install over as itll wipe everything

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: desprate for help hdd's
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

The following is a personal recommendation from one member - me.

Get yourself another hard drive. An older IDE (PATA) is good enough. You can get a 350 GB PATA for under $50. Or as an eternal devise about $70 at new egg or other on-line stores. Or maybe even you local Wallchart store.
    Anyhow, have a separate reliable HDD makes things much easier.

You might have a HDD that id drawing too much current from the PSU. The solution is to stop using it. Or get a bigger PSU, but that would be treading the symptom. The HDD spindle is dragging.
    Other options now follow.