Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Firefox Toolbar  (Read 3527 times)

lebowl

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem with Firefox Toolbar
    « on: February 05, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »
    I recently switched from IE to Firefox(which was much much faster). I was able to put some individual sites and folders into the bookmarks toolbar across the top of the page. I was playing around with the toolbar and tried to remove a "separator" I had put in the toolbar. But when I removed the separator I also somehow removed all the files/folders that were on the horizontal bookmarks toolbar.

I tried reinstalling the files/folders by dragging them from the bookmarks toolbar sidebar where they now reside. But they can no longer be dragged to the bookmarks toolbar going across the top of the screen. I also tried going to a random new site and dragging the site icon to the horizontal bookmarks toolbar but this cannot be done either.

So, in summary I have this empty bookmarks toolbar across the top of the screen and can't drag anything there.

Thanks for your help! :)

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem with Firefox Toolbar
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »
    If you right click in the toolbar area, you should get list of the toolbars and you can select or un-select toolbars to be displayed.  Do you see it?  Is Bookmarks Toolbar selected?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:14:21 AM »
    Also if you right click a toolbar and select "Customize" you get a box full of items and separators which you can drag onto the toolbar. You can also drag things from the toolbox into the box or onto other toolbars. The box has a button at the bottom, "Restore default set".

lebowl

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:39:48 AM »
      Also if you right click a toolbar and select "Customize" you get a box full of items and separators which you can drag onto the toolbar. You can also drag things from the toolbox into the box or onto other toolbars. The box has a button at the bottom, "Restore default set".
      Thanks so much. The "restore default set" did the job!!