Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tune-up program installed now wont go to log in screen  (Read 2722 times)

rokedeager

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Tune-up program installed now wont go to log in screen
    « on: February 07, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »
    Hi everyone I have just installed Tune-up thinking it was a good idea. Well I saw a cool feature to change the logon screen background and startup background and some other background. I cleared out the files when I ran the program or w/e it does and then I restarted it to see the cool new background!

Yes the cool background shows BUT the login bar and little icon where you type your password does not show. WOO cool background but now my comp doesnt work, I have tried to do startup repair and restore from a previous point but I dont have a restore point saved. I was wondering if there is a possible command promt command that I can try to reset all of the backgrounds or files.

I'm running windows vista, Dell XPS, so its a decent computer. I am also a game dev and have SEVERAL files on there that I need. PLEASE HELP!

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Tune-up program installed now wont go to log in screen
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:36:40 AM »
    what happens if you try to boot to safe mode? Can you log in this way?

rokedeager

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 06:13:38 AM »
      when I boot into safe mode it seems like it is loading fine then it gets stuck on something after crcdisk.sys. I just got an e-mail from their support team and I'm gonna try to see if that works but please feel free to put in any fixes that might help.

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
      What type of files are these that you need (you mentioned game dev stuff)?

What computer are you using to type your messages on this forum, if you can get your harddrive connected to the working pc and assuming that pc reads harddrive and its current contents, you could backup your files you need

Assuming your startup repair was initiated from a windows disc, is it a windows upgrade disc, or a factory restore disc, or a full windows install disc?