Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Proxyes  (Read 31735 times)

garybear

Re: Proxyes
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »
Did you know you can go in your Profile settings, and under Look and Layout, choose whether to censor words like a-s-s or not?
No I didn't know that I will check it out! Thanks for the info!

garybear

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 08:57:02 AM »
Hi!! I checked it!! lets see if it works!! Smart *censored* teens! :)
Yup it worked. Do you have yours checked Raptor?

garybear

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
Hi!! I just discovered that I'm not that windy after all. I just read some reply's from BC_Programmer.
Now that guys windy! I'm afraid to ask him what time is it. He will tell me how to build a watch. :) ;) ;D

Raptor

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
Hi!! I checked it!! lets see if it works!! Smart *censored* teens! :)
Yup it worked. Do you have yours checked Raptor?

I've got leave words uncensored ticked, yeah.

You're not very windy but you do sort of post a lot. Usually people wait with posting till someone other than themself has posted first. Otherwise people tend to think that you're having a conversation with yourself and they won't step in...

Salmon Trout

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »
Otherwise people tend to think that you're having a conversation with yourself and they won't step in...

I have those:

Me: Hey! Salmon! You're looking cool today!
Me: Why thanks! So are you!
Me: What shall we do now?
Me: Make some coffee, maybe?
Me: Great idea.

garybear

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
Hi !! Can I reply now??
Are we having fun or what??
Yes I do talk to myself a lot. I guess that's part of getting old! ;D ;D
PS I just want you guys to know I'm exchanging PM's with John. He's a troubled teen. He has reached out to me because proxies are his cup of tea. Please allow me to handle this my way before you ban John again.
I believe everyone is right and he may vary well be our trouble maker. Just give me a shot at this.
I'm 73 years old and I've been around the horn a couple of times. I know a little about smart *censored* teens. Some times a little love is all they need.
Thanks guys!!

Salmon Trout

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
garybear, I wish you all the luck in the world...

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
Hi !! Can I reply now??
Are we having fun or what??
Yes I do talk to myself a lot. I guess that's part of getting old! ;D ;D
PS I just want you guys to know I'm exchanging PM's with John. He's a troubled teen. He has reached out to me because proxies are his cup of tea. Please allow me to handle this my way before you ban John again.
I believe everyone is right and he may vary well be our trouble maker. Just give me a shot at this.
I'm 73 years old and I've been around the horn a couple of times. I know a little about smart *censored* teens. Some times a little love is all they need.
Thanks guys!!
He has been banned numerous times and will continue to be banned. He is not 15. DO NOT REPLY TO HIS PM's.

garybear

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »
Hello Allan! I don't wish to interfere. I will abide by your decision. This is a troubled teen. I don't know his history here on CH. I just know he's reaching out to me for some reason. I was mistaken for this teen and lost my privileges. I did not like that one little bit.
I have answered his PM's and think I'm gaining his respect. If you tell me not to correspond with him, I will respectfully obey your decision. I think if I can reach out to John and get him to stop his behavior here on CH, it would be a good thing.
Please ! Can we use PM's to discus this this hot topic!!
PS I respect your title and your knowledge. Some times us old farts know things also.
Please inform me with PM what you want me to do about John. I'm sure he is watching this thread.
Thanks Allan!!
Gary!

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »
I've already told you. He is not a teenager and he is banned. Ignore him.

garybear

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 10:47:30 AM »
garybear, I wish you all the luck in the world...
Thank you my friend! I will abide by the rules here on CH. I'm not a moderator, nor do I want to be. If I'm told not to answer his PM's, that's exactly what I will do. I really believe he's just another troubled smart *censored* teen,trying for attention that he's not getting at home. I don't know his past here at CH or what trouble he's has caused, so I will leave that decision up to Allan. I have a little experience with troubled teens and a very good friend deals with them every day. Some times a little love will go a long way.
PS This thread has really turned out to be very interesting to say the least. ::) ::)

garybear

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »
I've already told you. He is not a teenager and he is banned. Ignore him.
I don't wish to argue about this. I will ignore him here on the forum and try to reach out to him by email.
Respectfully! I don't think you can tell how old a person is by his actions here on CH.
I believe you can be anyone you want to be on the internet. 73 years of experience with life has taught me a lot. Colon cancer and 6 months of chemo also taught me a lot about life.
I will not correspond with John any more here on CH
I was very angry when my privileges were taken away here on CH. I responded with a little common sense  and reasoned with the owner here at CH and got them back. I will not respond any more about this.
PS Can we get back to the OP topic. (Proxies)

garybear

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 12:30:27 PM »
Hello FYI . He's back with a new user name. The only way CH can keep him off the forum is to ban all proxies.
That would be a very poor decision. I repeat one more time" I'm not new to forums, I have seen this behavior before." Teens are very smart and grew up with a PC in their crib. The only way you will stop this is to try and reason with them.
I rest my case!! ::) ::
PS Now back to the topic Proxies. Does anyone agree or disagree with my reply's about proxies?? Another PS. My Grand Ma always said" Gary you will catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar." I have found that to be very true in my life time!

garybear

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
Hello Raptor!! I guess old garybear is talking to his self again ;D Oh well that's what old people do when no one else will talk to them.
You will have to admit this has been a interesting topic!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »
No...actually it hasn't been.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "