Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Repetitive Web Page Clicks  (Read 2885 times)

et_phonehome_2

Topic Starter

Beginner

Repetitive Web Page Clicks
    « on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:33 AM »
    Is there any software, preferably freeware, that can capture browser clicks and capture the data from a particular page?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Repetitive Web Page Clicks
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »
    I'm guessing that, by "capture browser clicks", you mean automatically open all hyperlinks on any given page to other pages.  Is that right?  And, by "capture the data from a particular page", do you mean save the whole page or some portion of the content on a page?  If the latter, then how would any such software know what part of a page you would want it to capture?   

I'm wondering, what is your objective here?  Can you shed some light on that?

garybear

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »
    Is there any software, preferably freeware, that can capture browser clicks and capture the data from a particular page?
    What is your OS?? If you have W7, go to search, type PSR. ,click on PSR, a small pop up will appear. Click start recording. Every thing you do after that will be recorded. It will then go to a zip file. You can open it and view every  thing. You can even view it as a slide show!
    It's a really cool feature of W7.

soybean

Genius
    « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
    What is your OS?? If you have W7, go to search, type PSR. ,click on PSR, a small pop up will appear. Click start recording. Every thing you do after that will be recorded. It will then go to a zip file. You can open it and view every  thing. You can even view it as a slide show!
    It's a really cool feature of W7.
    I tested it.  It creates images of web pages viewed but does not capture data.  So, I'm sure it will not serve the purpose desired by et_phonehome_2. 

et_phonehome_2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »
      Unfortunately, I am still using XP.  By going to a particular page, I mean that I always want to go to a certain page that I have traversed to which I want the software to capture, and then from there I can probably write something to capture the data on that page for processing.

Its similar to those software that can capture keystrokes to simulate users entering data for a load test...

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »
      Is this always the same page?  How often is a capture desired? 

Perhaps this would be useful: Assign macro or function to keys on your keyboard