Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I connect to the internet to a different desktop from the desktop where  (Read 2871 times)

datacat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I have internet service.  I have been using a wireless router which was used to connect a laptop to the internet.

truenorth

Guru

By trying to combine the "subject" of your post and the extremely brief narrative of your post i think i know your question. So let me see if this is what you are trying to resolve.You have a laptop connected to a modem (assume it is a dsl modem) via a wireless router (which i assume is on the modem end).Though depending on your laptop you might be referring to something attached to the laptop. Most laptops have an internal wi=fi card but some may require an external wireless dongle. Now you want to connect a desktop additional computer to the system and be able to use the same modem wirelessly to make the connection. Is that what you are trying to do?truenorth