Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: joomla 2.5 Contacts component problem  (Read 3573 times)

bigbangnet

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
joomla 2.5 Contacts component problem
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:32:03 AM »
Hi guys, I'm a new Joomla 2.5 user

I guess this is a stupid one but I'm stumbled by it. So I create a contact category, a contact page (component/contact/contact) and then create a menu item called contact us. Simple enough no ?

Well I set up everything according to some tutorial websites and then when I view the webpage, I see a Contact text and right below it I see the contact form.

my question is how do I remove the contact part on this page ?

See image in the attachment for details on what i mean in this post. In other words, the title or line Contact is what I want to remove but i tried to hide everything in those 3 sections and theres nothing to do to my knowledge.

Also, I fixed the problem...kinda... but it's just plain weird. I edited the file en-GB.com_contact in my language folder in joomla. I removed the value "Contact" on the line COM_CONTACT_DETAILS="" and the "headline" or title is gone now but if I choose slider as a method of showing the form, I still see the headline space which is now empty and if I click on it then I still see some empty space expanding.

Further more, If i choose plain instead, I can still see the horizontal rule line right there. So if I show my title page and choose plain as a display method it kind fix the problem for my but the problem remains there, how do I remove the whole "section".

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]