Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Two operating systems Windows 7 & XP Pro  (Read 2655 times)

FlowerPower

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Two operating systems Windows 7 & XP Pro
    « on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:19 AM »
    I have 2 operating systems W7 and XP Pro. On start up a black screen would appear and I would have a choice of which system I wanted to operate in. If I did not choose it Windows 7would open automatically, which is fine (this one is the main one I operate from and the only one which has been setup for the internet). Q: I have had the PC off, turned it back on and the page that I had a choice from has now disappeared, XP Pro opens automatically now. Where do i find Windows ????  Help  ???

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Two operating systems Windows 7 & XP Pro
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »
    http://www.boyans.net/
    This may help.
    Visual BCD Editor is an advanced GUI version of Windows bcdedit utility. It is the first GUI tool to implement full editing of Windows 7/Vista Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store. Dual-boot Repair tool - automatic one-click repair for dual or multi boot systems based on Windows 7/Vista.
    Accompanying Dual-boot Repair tool is part of Visual BCD package and needs .NET Framework 2.0 and Windows XP as minimum.

It can repair the MBR, partition boot records (PBR's), Windows BCD store and the disk structure by simple selections and clicks. The tool offers automatic one-click dual-boot repair for non-booting Windows 7/Vista in the scenario of a dual or multi boot system with Windows 7/Vista/XP (and other non-Windows operating systems).
    The program works under WinXP, so that's good.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none