Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Game Turns Baby Doll into Wiimote Attachment  (Read 3756 times)

Transfusion

Topic Starter

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
New Game Turns Baby Doll into Wiimote Attachment
« on: February 26, 2012, 04:36:33 AM »
http://www.1up.com/news/game-turns-baby-doll-wiimote
...allows the doll to react "by giggling, gurgling or crying through the Wii remote speaker...

ಠ_ಠ WAT.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

immental1200

Re: New Game Turns Baby Doll into Wiimote Attachment
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
Oh dear...

How do they come up with these ideas?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
Simcity met with widespread disapproval by publishers for years. "So when is this game going to be a game? When are you going to add a goal?" before it was finally released and became a bestseller.

The Sims was widely shunned by focus groups. "I'd never buy a game like that". Making it an uphill battle to get any company resources devoted to it. Yet when it was released it broke new ground.

Reading the article, I'm not sure what your guys' problem is. It's obviously not aimed at that ever so important "I play Call of duty for five hours straight and accuse other players of having *censored* preferences I strongly disagree with" demographic. Seems like a clever way to bring baby dolls into the modern tech world, while taking advantage of one of the wii's best two features- it's motion sensor controller, and the fact that it's a "family" console that almost anybody can appreciate, rather than the Xbox and PS3's predominant demographic target of Male teenagers/young adults.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Transfusion

Topic Starter

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:11:37 AM »
I agree with your statement that the game is primarily marketed to girls, that half of all children born are girls and that Nintendo saw it fit to target that sizeable niche; there even is a Wikipedia article devoted to the topic of targeting the female audience:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_video_games#The_figure_of_the_.22girl_gamer.22

However, http://news.cnet.com/Video-games-a-girl-thing---page-2/2008-1043_3-5618256-2.html?tag=mncol Part of the reason that girls don't play the same games as guys do is because... they are hypersexualized and/or are too representative of female stereotypes...

I don't have a problem with the idea behind the game, but the image of me sticking a WiiMote into a doll and having it respond to me is permanently etched in my mind now...
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:18:23 PM »
I don't have a problem with the idea behind the game, but the image of me sticking a WiiMote into a doll and having it respond to me is permanently etched in my mind now...

Mine too. Suppose the doll was adult size... and blonde...