Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MacBook Pro problems...  (Read 6034 times)

emsean3

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    MacBook Pro problems...
    « on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
    My late 2010 MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard is giving me a kernel panic upon start-up which is what I'm assuming to be the Apple equivalency of the blue screen of death. As a temporary fix, I replaced the 500g Seagate Momentus drive with the stock drive and now I'm only getting this problem every once in a while but still, how can I fix this. The people at my local Geek Squad said I had to wipe the hard drive. I'm really hoping there's an alternative. Everything is stock but the hard drive and the 8g's of OWC RAM.

jamich

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: MacBook Pro problems...
      « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
      Hey dude, just bring it on the apple store and I'm sure it's gonna be fixed.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
      You can obviously ignore the above post

comda

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »
      what was the last thing you did before, you got the kernal panic? and can you post a pic of the kernal panic, cause sometimes all it takes is just a PRAM reset, which you would have to google how to do that on your system. I have already done that so visit the website im posting below this. This should solve your problem, it has worked for me in the past years with an old Imac G3 that gave me a kernal panic and i did this but a different way. I had to press the classic program button on the side of it(which macs no longer have). SO this is your answer.

http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/15/reset-pram-mac/