Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: folder view  (Read 2753 times)

frog

Topic Starter

Beginner
    folder view
    « on: March 04, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
    I've tried for a long time now to get my folder view fixed and no matter how I do it, the setting doesn't hold and is not right the next time I boot.  I've tried the Reset All Folders and then Apply To All Folders.  No matter the order I do them, the settings don't hold.  I think maybe a long time ago one of my utility programs screwed it up.  Either way, I'm hoping someone out there will know how to get this solved.  I want all my folders to show the details except for a few I keep on the desktop which I want to show the icons.  If I remember right, I thought the individual folder size was also saved, but that doesn't happen either as I always have to re-size them every day.  System specs are attached.  All input is appreciated.

Jim

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

truenorth

Guru

Re: folder view
      « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
      This is not an issue i have had any experience with however researching on your behalf i did find the following article which seems relevant. I note that you have tried a fix which seems to have been suggested to do on the site. However while that suggestion did NOT work another below it seems to have worked. So read the article through and hopefully something different than what you have tried will provide a positive result in your case.
      http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/88153-45-folders-view-default-view-windows-explorer
      good luck,truenorth

frog

Topic Starter

Beginner
        Re: folder view
        « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »
        Hey thanks truenorth for the input.  I'll work on this and see what happens.

Jim