Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compaq Prosignia 300  (Read 3560 times)

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
    Compaq Prosignia 300
    « on: March 06, 2012, 08:40:15 AM »
    I thought about useing this probably as a print server or somethin.  I wanted to put Netware 3.12 on it, thing is that I make the DOS Partiton an then launch the Netware disks.   I havent done this for a while.  Do I need too install the drivers during install?  Is where I am haveing issues :/

Salmon Trout

Re: Compaq Prosignia 300
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
    I wanted to put Netware 3.12 on it

Here's an interesting question that I shall also ask on the other Netware thread you started:

Do you own a legal, currently valid license to install and use Novell Netware software?

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
      I should have the license too this one.  Yeah, it is legal.  All floppy based

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:56:44 AM »
      I should have the license too this one.  Yeah, it is legal.  All floppy based

Are you sure? How much did you pay?

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
        Nothing, I got it from the Radio Station my father works for.  They no longer use most of this stuff, so I end up with it

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »
        Nothing, I got it from the Radio Station my father works for.  They no longer use most of this stuff, so I end up with it

I don't think you actually got a license. You may physically have a "license disk" in your possession but that does not mean you have a valid license. I am quailing at the task of how to get you to see the difference. You got an old server that may have been running Novell Netware on a license that the radio station paid for, but that license did not transfer to you.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:49:19 AM by Salmon Trout »

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »

I'm amazed. I really am.

You just wrote a perfect sentence. (Well apart from the capital letters inRadio Station but we'll let that one slide) What have you done with Ryuk? WHERE IS HIS BODY?

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 05:45:08 PM »
          the installation book was confuseing  ::)  I did find a better guide that I should be able to get this up then