Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Using Toshiba laptop needing drivers??  (Read 3146 times)

mellem8787

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Using Toshiba laptop needing drivers??
    « on: March 06, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
    I have a Toshiba laptop. I am a bit of a beginner with software/hardware aspects. I need to get some drivers on the laptop that are compatible with XP. I found them at driverturner.com but would like to avoid having to pay for them seeing as they are rather outdated from what I understand and am not sure how well they will work or how long I will wait before upgrading to windows 7. Does anyone know where I can get the drivers for free?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Using Toshiba laptop needing drivers??
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »
    The ONLY place to obtain drivers for a laptop is from the website of the laptop manufacturer. Go to the Toshiba website.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
    3rd party Driver sites are innaccurate at best...
    Laptops are a bit more finicky when it comes to that so as a rule of thumb Laptop drivers should ALWAYS come directly from the laptop manuf. site...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:48 AM »
    SNAP !
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Darthgumby

Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »
      Make sure also you are using the version of Windows that the laptop was designed for.  I had a heck of a time when I bought my Vista laptop and thought I would be smart and switch everything to XP.  Turns out certain drivers for a Vista laptop do not have an XP version.  Took a lot of messing around to get that thing working.  However, upgrading from an older version of windows to a newer one isn't as much of a pain.
      There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.