Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Steampower trouble  (Read 3581 times)

lycama

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Steampower trouble
    « on: March 06, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »
    Hi,

I really hope you can help me since I have no more recourse. I bought a new computer and tried to install a game which needs Steam Power for proper install. So, I downloaded the Steam software but went I tried to log in it didn’t recognize my password. Then using my email address I requested Steam to send me a new password. I didn’t receive the email. So I tried several times using my email and username, still no success.

After many frustrations, I decided to create a new account using a different email address. Same situation with this account, I did not received any emails from Steam. Afterward, I realized that a new account wouldn’t fix my problem anyway since all my games are under my first account.

I read through all the troubleshoot tips Steam’s provides but did not find a solution. I also tested both email addresses and they work fine. For some reason Steam cannot contact me to provide me with the keys, no matter which email I use. My next step was to create a Steam Support account. This didn’t work either because Steam can’t send me a verification email. So I guess you are my last hope

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Steampower trouble
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:01:21 PM »

Whitelist Steam's email address and see if the problem still persists:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825287 
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Raptor

Re: Steampower trouble
    « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:47:26 AM »
    What is Steam Power?

Are you talking about Steam, the gaming platform? Because if you're trying to use those credentials on a program called 'Steam Power' or anything else that isn't on the steampowered.com domain or just "steam" stop what you're doing right now ...