Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop will not load windows  (Read 2910 times)

witch13056

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    laptop will not load windows
    « on: March 07, 2012, 03:15:53 AM »
    when i turn on my laptop it makes a beeping sound and i either get a blank grey screen or a grey screen with writing on it  which in part says Intel UNDI PXE-2.1 BUild 082 Intel Corp for Atheos PCIE ethernet Controller V2,0.1.2(07. 29.09 plus other stuff but ends with PXE.E 53: no boot file received PXE- MOF: exiting intel PXE rom . Reboot and select proper boot device insert boot media in selected rom.
    I have to turn computer on and off heaps of times before windows load, I rang company and they suggested doing a full recovery to original factory settings have done that it shut itself on and off as it was reinstalling windows with no dramas but as soon as I shut down and restarted same problem, I tried setting it so that when I put it into sleep mode it would never turn off but when I turn it back on same thing happens sometimes it says windows did not shut down properly then I click on start windows normally and it is ok.
    My Question what is happening how do I fix and will I do damage by turning on and off many times just to start Laptop thankyou very much

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: laptop will not load windows
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:57:12 AM »
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange.htm
    Your BIOS has been configured to boot from the network card as a priority. We want it to boot from the Hard Drive instead.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

witch13056

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »
      Ok so I am a beginner so if I go into BIOS and change the boot drive to Hard drive as main one and save should be fine any other order after that
      My laptop is an AKOYA ffrom Aldi, if i cannot fix just means have to send to SYDNEY ,NSW brom Brisbane and will be without it for 4 weeks do not want that

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:54:09 AM »
      Yeah it should be fine after you set it to "Hard Drive."
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

witch13056

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
        Ok, thank you tried resetting but which one is actually the hard drive ,sorry to be a pain there was about 6 things on my list

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
        The one that says Hard Drive or HDD. Just move the Network option to the bottom. Also, replace the cmos battery.

witch13056

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »
          Whats the Cmos battery and from memory their was 2 HDD one was CD rom I think and what are SATA there is 2 of them but only one has a place again TY so much

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »