Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my display cuts off a bit  (Read 2664 times)

asanchez239

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    my display cuts off a bit
    « on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:25 PM »
    hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. the other day (march-6-2012) i installed advanced system care free for windows 7. after it was done with its scan it asked me to reset the computer and i did so. after the computer booted back up part of the bottom and right side of my screen was cut off. i did a system restore to a point before i installed advanced system care free and it fixed the problem for a day but after that it happen again. so, i restored the PC again and it worked however only for a day. now I'm at a point were i cannot restore back to that date which fixed my display temporarily. also my computer is not hooked up to a monitor its hooked up to a projector. if anyone could help me that would be most appreciated. if you need any other information i could give it to you if you tell me how to find it.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: my display cuts off a bit
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »
    If you have an AMD graphics card, open up Catalyst Control Center, go to the "Adjustments" Tab, and you can use the arrows on the screen to adjust the display position.
    If you have an nVidia graphics card, open up nVidia Control Panel, go to "Adjust Desktop Size and position," and you can use the arrows on the screen to adjust the display position.
    Also, make sure that you have set a resolution that your projector supports.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none