Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need quick response gfx cards  (Read 2351 times)

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
    need quick response gfx cards
    « on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »
    hey, ordering my own-built cpu today but cant decide what one of these to get

prices:

the 570 is 376 euro
    the 580 is 500 euro

but it seems to me that the 570 being overclocked performs better..?

Sinc
    phallan

Darthgumby

Beginner
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: need quick response gfx cards
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:09:53 PM »
      It really depends what you want to do.  You've got to figure the prices on these cards will be consideribly less over time and most games made today won't utilize tomorrow's technology until, well tomorrow.  I personally would look for two of last year's model and SLI them - two SLI cards for cheaper than 1 new card usually run at the same or better performance.

I am also one to avoid OC parts, because while they are manipulated to get more power, they also come with more hardware built in to distribute that heat and consume more electricity.  You risk more that can go wrong, and you are putting more stress on the card which can shorten its life.
      There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »
      How many more times are you going to be asking these questions? You must have 3 or 4 threads on what videocard to pick by now.

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
        « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
        One =)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »
        One what ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
        With the OPs logic... the GTX 570 would overclock to GTX 580 clocks, but the GTX 580 would overclock to 590 clocks...
        But we're looking at top of the line equipment here... I would wait for a while and hope that nVidia releases their GTX 600 series soon; they already have the GT 635M and 630M out for their laptop line...
        Whatever you do, don't end up like this person, who got so mad that he exchanged a GTX 570 for a GTX 470 (you heard me right) when it came with a non-reference cooler instead of a reference one. Apparently he was satisfied at the end.
        http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=d418703afed8ee4eeedae7754561eb2f&t=1594813&page=3
        In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
        Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
          « Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »
          Thank you for all your answers, guys! I ended up getting the GTX 580 with Windforce cooling =)