Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FILES MISBEHAVING  (Read 3085 times)

Goldie

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    FILES MISBEHAVING
    « on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
    I'M USING FIREFOX BROWSER & WHEN I CLICK ON "SAVE PAGE AS" TO THE DESKTOP....IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PAGE ON THE SCREEN.  I'VE TRIED TO SAVE IT USING ALL THE DIFFERENT "TYPES" OF FILES BUT THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.  I'VE INCLUDED AN ATTACHMENT  SHOWING WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

Salmon Trout

Re: FILES MISBEHAVING
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
    Could you hit that Caps Lock key? Is it just this web page? Have you tried a different browser? Is this a real question, or spam?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:59:45 PM by Salmon Trout »

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »
    Try using the primopdf printer. Once installed, you print like you would do for any other normal printer, but instead of coming out of a physical printer, the stuff you printed gets saved to your computer as a pdf file.

I find that this is the best way to save webpages to my harddrive (At least for me that is)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none