Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem restoring laptop to factory settings  (Read 3330 times)

dd2112

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem restoring laptop to factory settings
    « on: March 15, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »
    I have an acer laptop which I purchased brand new just over a year ago and runs on windows 7. The laptopwas not working properly coming up the errors etc all the time so I decided to restore the laptop to its factory settings. Having done the this the laptop now will not startup it keeps on saying it can't install windows and keeps restarting itself over and over. Please help me
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:16:59 AM by Allan »

truenorth

Guru

Re: heeellppp
      « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »
      Status of warranty?truenorth
      P.S. Depending on your answer to the above get prepared to give us a more definitive portrayal of "not working properly coming up the errors etc ".

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Problem restoring laptop to factory settings
      « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:50 AM »
      I changed the title of your post. "Help" (or variations of "help") don't attract as much attention as a brief description of the problem. This is a support forum - the vast majority of folks who post here need help ;)

EXACTLY how did you restore the computer?

dd2112

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
        I restored the laptop using the the restore to factory settings in the system restore in the control panel on the laptip. The warrenty has expired.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »
          Please pretty please don't make it like pulling teeth ==tell us what all these "errors etc all the time " were. It could be helpful to a solution to know what had been going on then.truenorth