Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New problem with internet acess  (Read 2429 times)

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

New problem with internet acess
    « on: April 13, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
    So I have windows 7 on a dell with wireless internet that works fine....till a few days ago. For no reason, i could no longer  connect to my computer. It recognizes that the connections are available, but it can't do it wireless. The only way I have internet now is though a cable cord, which makes me realize that it's something wrong with my computer. I tried a system restore to before the problem showed up, but that did nothing. I also tried looking at the boot menu at startup and flipped on and off the wireless internet connectivity abilities, which did fix my problem for a day, but not anymore. I also tried troubleshooting it through windows, but all they said is that i just can't connect wireless. I'm concerned that it may be malware or something else, and i've been scanning with everything I have, but I'd love some suggestions about what's causing this and how to fix it.
    Thanks guys!

carlos1001

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: New problem with internet acess
      « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:32:31 PM »
      What do you mean you've looked at the boot menu? Is this a laptop or desktop? Have you tried reinstalling wireless card drivers?

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 07:38:43 AM »
        at the startup of the computer, you can run memory diagnostic and choose which drivers to run, and so on. And honestly, I don't even know where to look to find the software to reinstall it. The strangest thing is that now I found out that my computer is only having problems with my internet at home. I went to a friend's place and for some wierd reason it worked just fine. But i've already tried resetting my router and such

carlos1001

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
          Do you have anything else to connect wirelessly? If you do, does it connect fine? Can you post your router specs?