Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2008 server  (Read 12290 times)

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

2008 server
    « on: January 19, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
    This is a continuation of a problem I had in the hardware section about not enough space for temporary files. Per computer commando I converted my hard drive from dynamic to basic. When I try to install server 2008 and point to the D drive it tells me the partition doesn't meet Windows requirements. I have 215 gbytes of space.It is an empty partition. I don't understand why it doesn't meet the requirements.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 2008 server
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
    You aren't going to get Server 2008 installed into a D: drive.  What exactly are you trying to do?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winserversetup/thread/4e09b312-e48b-4402-b098-aa6ce9a5dd6e/
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »
      I wanted to install server 2008 for my class at school. I need a computer to practice my labs at home instead of going to school.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:07:03 AM »
      Use a virtual machine - VMWare, VirtualBox or whatever.  You can then put the virtual hard drive wherever you like (and easily remove once finished).
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

abhi_jay5

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
        if you have converted your hard drive from dynamic to basic then you have to formet it, after formating you will be able to install ,
        and what about your C Drive give us full information SO we can give you proper support ,

Ryuk

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »
          You should of just probably formated it as is.  Check your boot order.  Also, you can setup drives with the Windows Disk.