Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Essential upgrade? or not?  (Read 2588 times)

sweet lemonaide

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Essential upgrade? or not?
    « on: March 23, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
    Greetings, I have a 2007 Gateway notebook, Windows Vista and AVG security, have downloaded ALL the plug ins, including FLASH, google chrome + silver light + win ap + real audio player & updated all my drivers.

Have all the other server plug ins needed....however I can not access video, slip stream, annimations =  rich media STILL.... MUST I UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7 0R 8 because of incapatability issues with flash and chrome on Vista?  When I try to access video and slipstreams they  don't igknowledge that I have flash 11 or HTML5 browsers installed already....my security settings aren't the problem I turned them off and tried, and I have reinstalled flash player .........Chrome frame.... they are not corrupt.  Cleanned up old cookie trail.....can't even add pictures to a gallery.  Help?  All I get is a red x in the box....

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Essential upgrade? or not?
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:04:20 PM »
    This is not a Vista issue.  Chrome is your web browser, right?  Do you have the same problem with IE?  If you go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ with Chrome, do it confirm you have the latest version of Flash Player installed?  Can you cite a specific website where you have problems? 

sweet lemonaide

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
      Greetings Soybean from TN,

Thanks for the link...I followed it and I do indeed have flash 11.1.102.63 tucked away in my promgrams and features section, but it and all the other plug ins seem to be of no avail.  The sites like utube, live stream meetings, teaching videos, picture galleries, animations, anything with rich content won't give me noda, but a red x and tell me to get flash 11.  I'm playing the glad game that it's not my stunted 32 bit processor that's not 64, too much moola to fix that one.

FORGIVE me I am a green horn with 2 green thumbs tending a lemonaide stand = not a techie.  What does IE stand for?  I just got Chrome and all these other plug ins yesterday, because I can't get no soft media anymore.  Am making a cookie cutter web page and stuck. I want to learn this new language though.  Please translate the signs if you would be so kind?  I know what the little red x means, my computer is too rusty.  But this Gateway 07 vista note book is all I have.   Muchus Gracias Amego.  I need some brain food so I'll have a little " Vanilla, Extra Edensoy" so I don't get fed up instead

P.S. That is not my profile pic. under the Hope tips tab...how do I put my picture there on my profile prey tell???     

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:47:43 AM »
      What does IE stand for?
      IE = Internet Explorer, Microsoft's web browser.

I do indeed have flash 11.1.102.63 tucked away in my promgrams and features section
      EXACTLY what do you see in Programs and Features for Flash?   Does Programs and Features show one instance of Flash Player, or two?  And, EXACTLY how are they named?

sweet lemonaide

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 08:30:39 AM »
         ::) Greetings from TN,

I am happy to report that after 3 days of trying to troubleshoot the answer to the red x in the box delema, I was able to download Chrome and had to make it my default browser.  The only way to get flash to boot up was to install it along with chrome.  Then only through saving it and then running it.... could I use it.  Adobe step by step help to adjust security settings was on the 2nd day a big help.  So was the help from Computer Hope folk.

But please tell me how to download my picture for my account info, is that the moderators picture under the tips tab for the profile?       Muchas Garcias Amegos.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »

Profile - at the top of the page between Help and Inbox

Settings > Modify Profile > Forum Profile > Upload an Avatar
        11 cheers for binary !