Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print to PDF converter for Internet print.  (Read 2977 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Print to PDF converter for Internet print.
« on: March 22, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »
I have a PDF file on the Internet that I can not save to my hard drive. But I can print one page at a time. Use a free Print to PDF converter still only gives one single page at a time. The select pages option is grayed out.

Is thee a way to automatically print pages so that it would be saved to files with consecutive numbers?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Print to PDF converter for Internet print.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
What web browser are you using?  What PDF reader do you have installed?  Do other multi-page PDFs on the Internet print OK, i.e., multiple pages from one print action? 

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
I am using Firefox 11. My PDF reader is Foxit 5.0

The problem is only with one web site.The site is a bonus for a book I bought on Amazon. On the inside of the back of the book  an offer to use a web server that gives me free 45 day on-line version of the same boo. This would be good for me as I have trouble with low vision. The reader one the site is not the Foit reader and it would seem the format is not PDF, or maybe a special form of it.

Presently, I can print one page at a time. Or save one page at a time. The book is over 500 pages. I guess I could just take the next 45 days to save the whole book. On page at a time. Click, click click. Frolicked-click.

Any ideas?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
On the inside of the back of the book  an offer to use a web server that gives me free 45 day on-line version of the same book.
Is that web server from Amazon or the book publisher?  Can you find any support email address that you could contact about this issue?  Do you know whether Amazon sells an ebook version of the book?  If so, this may be helpful: How To Download Free Amazon Kindle eBooks To Your PC

And, as possible practical solution, do you have a magnifying glass you could use for reading?  I don't think I would print 500 pages one page at at time.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
Yes, I will just use my misgiving glass. Just nice if I could use the computer. With the computer nI can adjust the degree of magnification easily. With a lope it is hard to hold the book a just the right distance for long periods of time.

The site and offer was not from Amazon. It would have been better for me to buy a book that Amazon has in PDF format. Next time I buy a book I am going to consider that.
The e-book web site site wants me to pay them $30 for an unlimited subscription to books hey have. Or, I can download a chapter at a time for a fee.  I don't think so.

Anyway, I have 45 days to enjoy the one-line book. After that, back to using the eye-glass lope.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 05:38:13 AM »
free 45 day on-line version

I can not save to my hard drive

This is probably by design...

What web site?

What book?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
The book is a new book about  making Android Apps.
I put three png images non my web site. Here is the folder:
http://geek9pm.com/books/
The three images are front, back and last page. The last page has the on-line offer.

I didn't want to put the images here, because they look horrible when reduced and unreadable. Also, I don't want CH to be frumped  with the bandwidth. Last night. March 22,  the CH was off line for awhile. I don't wanna be the straw that brook the camel.

I respect what they did. You don't get a free PDF copy of the book. You can only use a server-based viewer and can not copy the whole document in one step.
But I didn't understand that when I started.