Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU Cooler  (Read 2361 times)

mln4you

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    CPU Cooler
    « on: March 26, 2012, 01:09:06 PM »
    I had Intel® Celeron® Processor 430 (512K Cache, 1.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) and i bought 4 my mobo ms 7529
    Intel® Pentium® Processor E5700 (2M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) so before i install it i want to ask does anyone knows can i use the old cooler from celeron 430 for my new E5700 ?? tnx

Darthgumby

Beginner
      Re: CPU Cooler
      « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
      Most coolers fit the socket that the CPU goes into, so if yo ure using the same socket the same cooler should fit.  Secondly, does the CPU you are buying come with a cooler already in the box?  new CPUs should come packaged with a stock cooler.

Personally, as a cooler for a CPU is just a heatsink and a fan, I wouldn't see the harm in running the same cooler that came stock for that socket.  I would try looking up some images of the stock cooler for that new processor though, and make sure the one you have is relatively the same size.
      There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.

joy division

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »
      Each processor you mentioned uses the same socket type, so yes, you old cooler will work.

mln4you

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »
        Tnx very much ,anyway i bought it without coooler on auction it is new with a bill and guaranty but he kept his cooler,tnx again  ;)