Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless gone  (Read 4115 times)

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

wireless gone
    « on: March 28, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
    hi my wireless has just gone it is not recognized in the device manager and a USB Device not Recognized pop up is showing up.
    i restart it a couple of times and once it did showed up but after i did it again it was gone again.
    i have a toshiba laptop l300

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: wireless gone
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:09:11 AM »
    Can you think of anything you might have done that caused the problem?
    What devices do you have plugged into your USB ports?
    Try reinstalling the wireless drivers and see if the problem still persists..

In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »
      i think problem started when i tried to charge my phone with USB cable
      the point is i even reinstaled the Windows 7 OS and still the pop up comes some times the wireless is there and some times it is not recognized

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:19:39 AM »
        i have re installed the driver and when i have the wireless the driver is in the device manager and when the USB recognize pop up shows and there is no wireless the driver is gone also like there is no wireless in the device manager

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 05:26:23 AM »
        Ah... so it sounds like a hardware issue... more specifically a power issue with the WiFi card causing it to draw too much power...

Try taking out your charger, taking out your battery,  leaving the laptop alone for a few minutes, and power the laptop on with only the charger (no battery inserted) with the wireless switch off and without any USB devices inserted. After windows fully boots, then turn on WiFi.
        In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
        Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

dargio

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 05:41:59 AM »
          i done that restarted it a couple of times to make sure and the wireless is here so i think you did it man.
           Thanks