Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: troubleshooting program  (Read 2196 times)

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

troubleshooting program
    « on: March 28, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »
    i have windows XP home  SP3 and cable modem.   i'd like to know whether there is a troubleshooting program that is accessible with JUST the keyboard ....some kind of secret code thingy i can type in to....maybe....find out why my cursor won't move, for instance.    my husband is a real joker and when the cursor quit today, i monkeyed around for a while and then made an appointment for the $$$$$$ techs to come tomorrow.  the little window onscreen said that i had a missing USB something and i should click the USB icon by the clock to see how to fix it.....but i couldn't move the cursor.     then i found the mouse batteries in backwards.   all is fine now....but a troubleshooting program that didn't require my mouse would sure have been nice.

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: troubleshooting program
      « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
      thank you JJ.   thats a lot of information, and i've printed it all up.   ...but i guess there's no program that'll analyze any current difficulty.    that will tell me to switch the danged batteries around, dummy,   or at least identify the problem in simple terms i could understand.    oh well.   maybe someday...

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
      that will tell me to switch the danged batteries around
      That specific problem is not for a keyboard shortcut solution but most likely a low battery notification from windows.

phobarbenix

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
        thank you, people.

another prob........................
        i have ESET anitvirus (up to date)  and i just got a notice that the windows security center could not find antivirus software on my machine.    " NOTE: windows (it said) does not detect all antivirus programs"   does that mean my ESET is useless...that viruses can get around it?