Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: putting xp pro on emachines T2542  (Read 4086 times)

ejames82

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    putting xp pro on emachines T2542
    « on: April 06, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »
    Hello,

I have another tough driver-related problem.  Your help is always most appreciated.
    how do I go about installing these drivers, starting with the chipset drivers?

I just installed xp professional on a hard drive and updated all the microsoft updates that I could in hopes to install the drivers as well, but there are three yellow question mark/exclamation points in device manager.  SMBus, Audio Device on high definition Audio Bus, and Video Controller. 
    I grabbed the drivers from the emachines site on a flash drive.  the OS that I have compresses them. 
    I started with the SMBus driver.  (this is the chipset driver, am I correct?)  I have not tried to do anything with any other driver.   
    I extracted it right in the folder.  I also double-clicked the setup file with the hope that this could be easy (I was hoping that the driver would just install without a problem).  a couple of screens did come up, but activity seased, and the drivers did not install to completion.

I installed everest home, but immediately after launching it, I got a pop-up 'error' that stated everest home did not support  the chipset which my computer has, northbridge ATI RS400/southbridge ATI SB450 (everest provided this info after stating my computer was not supported??)
    Also, according to everest, my motherboard is RC410-SB450-PTRC-GC-00.  however, if everest is not working correctly, can everest be trusted?

I will attempt to attach the readme text file that is included with the driver.  it explains several different ways of installing this chipset driver.

the computer is an emachines T2542 with 320mb ram and pentium 4.  I may however increase the memory if I have some that is compatible.  I am looking into it today.

GPU chipset according to everest is ATI Radion Xpress 200 (RC410) Chipset
    The most info I could acquire about audio was ATI SB450 high definition audio controller.  that was all that everest had to offer.

if the readme file doesn't attach properly I will have to copy and paste that seperately.

Sorry if my post is lacking or disorganized in any way, and thanks as you have helped me many times in the past.  ejames82  :)

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

ejames82

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: putting xp pro on emachines T2542
      « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
      I was able to find the drivers.  the others were incorrect.  the correct drivers were here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Third-Party+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Desktop+Board+D101GGC

all that was required was double-clicking on them.  once I discovered the name of the motherboard was D101GGC things fell into place.  :)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: putting xp pro on emachines T2542
      « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »
      Glad we could help.  ;D