Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: REFRESH RATE  (Read 3706 times)

RASHEED .np

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    REFRESH RATE
    « on: April 06, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »
    HELLO,I am using an old model monitor, dell p7771p. Recently I installed windows 7 ultimate. Now I am unable to change refresh rate,there is no option on the monitor tab only have"Use hardware default setting'. Driver update shows'Best driver already installed'.But aero trouble shooter indicates" contact manufacture for driver'. When it was windows xp I could change the refresh rate. Here are hardware info. Adapter-standard vga graphic adapter, chip type-ATI rage 128, BIO- 01.000. PC- DTK-MS-6566. Could you please help to fix this problem without buying a new vedio card? Thanks

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: REFRESH RATE
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:47:03 AM »
    There is no Rage 128 driver for Windows 7. They stopped supporting that card in the XP days. The most recent driver available for it is the old Windows XP 32-bit driver, which you can download here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/legacy-xp.aspx

Even if you get the driver to install, the card won't work right. Windows 7 requires a card that is at least DirectX 9.0c compatible. The ATI Rage 128 only supported up to DirectX5.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: REFRESH RATE
    « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »
    If that system has a Rage 128 I question whether it should be running windows 7 at all.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.