Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: java install, now comp. won't start, bios shadowed?  (Read 2442 times)

ljfrompa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    java install, now comp. won't start, bios shadowed?
    « on: April 04, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
    hi all.

was on my little netbook last evening and needed java installed for something so i let it install java and everything was working fine. then eventually shut it down. this morning the computer won't start.
    i get the dell flash screen and the blue bar showing loading but it only goes about two thirds of the way across and then stops.
    tried getting into safe mode but can't. can't get into bios either and the only other screen i get says:
    system bios shadowed
    video bios shadowed
    fixed disk 0: [i~gCpuc0KSM=P]P>15-032MS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

the computer is a dell mini 9
    the ssd card is a 32 GIG card with win 7 installed.

i have an 8 GIG ssd card with win XP installed and i put that back in it and it works fine....but the 32 SSD card is the one with the problem.

hope i can fix it cause i just bought that card a month ago and it wasn't cheap!

but with that card in it, i can't get into the bios or get the boot menu.

i see mentioned somewhere that the bios shadowed  means it possibly can't access the SSD card?  man i hope there's some fix :( 

any ideas?
    thanks!

ljfrompa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: java install, now comp. won't start, bios shadowed?
      « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:55:39 AM »
      hey i got it fixed!!!!!

removed the ssd card to get into the bios so i could change the startup options to usb first.
      then put my win 7 install usb in and restarted the computer.
      when it was running i flipped it over and reinstalled the ssd card.
      then used the win 7 repair option and restarted and it worked!
      YAY ME!  (and thank you Lord!) :)