Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer wont log off  (Read 3543 times)

dcoyner

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer wont log off
    « on: April 13, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
    I am not sure I am in the right place My daughter has a Dell 1545 Inspiron laptop.  It has been having issues off logging off.   I have tried the FN key and it worked a couple of time  now it is stuck on logging off and wont completely log off.  I saw one thing on here that sent me to a micro-soft page, but the problem is I cant get on the computer because it wont log off.

cervantes100

Beginner

• I'am he.
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Computer wont log off
      « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:07:06 PM »
      You need to run a diagnostics check on the system you have. When restart hit F12 and boot to diagnostics. Mainly run the check on the memory and hard drive.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Computer wont log off
      « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »

You need to run a diagnostics check on the system you have. When restart hit F12 and boot to diagnostics. Mainly run the check on the memory and hard drive.

If you have windows 7. 

I cant get on the computer because it wont log off.

Surely you can get on the site if the laptop wont  turn off.  What OS are you using?  Have tried holding the power button down for 5- 10 seconds? If this works re-boot into safe mode and run your anti-virus scan, probably malware and spyware scans too!
      11 cheers for binary !