Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing Google Results (Personal, Not Business)  (Read 4439 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Changing Google Results (Personal, Not Business)
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
No idea what subforum this belongs in, I'm sure a mod will move appropriately...

I recently Googled myself (tee-hee!)... One of the first hits is a summary of a profile I put up on a professional development board a few years ago. I THOUGHT it was a "private" group, but *censored*, nothing's private anymore.

Anyway, I have since taken down the profile, but the memory lingers. That is, when you Google me, the Google results page shows the first few sentences of the old profile, even though when you click through, it's no longer there.

I've changed careers, and I'm really not crazy about potential clients stumbling across that. It's not terribly upsetting, just irritating.

Is there anything I can do to change that? (Other than finding something on Page 12 and clicking on it about 755,000 times an hour to shift everything back a notch?)

Thanks

That's "Mr. Doe" to you...
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Raptor

Re: Changing Google Results (Personal, Not Business)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
It'll disappear within a few weeks if you do not contact Google from my experience.

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
Thanks. Most of what I found appeared aimed at business optimization. Even the link you sent, Roy, is more if it's your own site. And that's not the case - it's stuff like this (not CH per se, just like it) where I posted.

I'll keep my eye on this and bump if it's not cleaner in a few weeks.

Thanks guys
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »
That's not correct. The link Rob showed you shows exactly what you want.

Salmon Trout

qiuwan29868 is a spammer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 02:54:00 AM »
I'll keep my eye on this and bump if it's not cleaner in a few weeks.

Oh no you won't. (embedded bugs)