Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WTB solid lga 1366 mobo  (Read 2759 times)

drewbis1989

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    WTB solid lga 1366 mobo
    « on: April 05, 2012, 10:50:54 PM »
    Ok so i made a post a few days back as to my motherboard issue. I did enough troubleshooting to single the motherboard out as the issue. Turns out the piece of *censored* xtreme gear psu probably fried it as it failed. I've been scouring newegg for a mobo. Specs are as follows:

Psu- Corsair Tx750
    cpu (which might need replacing as well considering the mobo being ruined) Intel core i7 1366
    Ram- 3X Kingston 2gb Hyper X
    Vid Card- New Evga Nvidia 560ti
    Hd- Seagate 1tb

Bad mobo- Asus Sabertooth x58

Now im posting this for some help figuring out which mobo i should replace it with.... I dont want to run into this mobo issue again any time soon.

I was looking at an EVGA 131-GT-E767-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI 3 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard but im not loaded with cash so i need to get this right. I just want my computer back...  :'(

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: WTB solid lga 1366 mobo
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »
    Approximately same feature set as your Sabertooth X58, but I do notice that in some of the reviews people have received DOA boards...

That board is a mid-end X58 board in terms of price range... It should work fine, no frills.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14875 
    "Stay away from XtremeGear components; they may be cheap but you are getting what you pay for."
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: WTB solid lga 1366 mobo
    « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »
    Bad mobo- Asus Sabertooth x58

Do you think it was bad foam the start?

. Intel x58 chipset has been out for a while now and the market has been well served with motherboard choices carrying this chip set. ... Another common ploy is adding SATA 6 Gb/s and USB 3.0 to make the boards more future proof. Promises of overclocking capabilities, longer life spans... announce that ASUS has returned with their TUF line to bring forth the Sabertooth X58! The Sabertooth claims to do all of these and more with stringent quality testing and a five-year warranty. ...The TUF line seems to have a strong following and this board looks good next to t...
    Those are not my words. Somebody else on another forum. Did your mobo have a five year warranty? Did it go five years?