Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No power reaching computer [Please help]  (Read 3125 times)

I claw u out

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No power reaching computer [Please help]
    « on: April 11, 2012, 06:31:52 AM »
    Hello guys,

I am using a tower on Windows 7, I do not know much more about it but anyway i was
    playing some games and then i accidentaly clicked the 'sleep' button on the keyboard.

I have done this before and i have just started computer back up but this time it didn't work, I moved around the cords at back of tower but still no power. I usually get the lights on the front of the tower going if there is power but there is NONE at all.

If you could help that would be amazing hopefully i can get it sorted, I checked the inner computer out and i believe if it's something in the computer it may be the CPU but im not completly sure.

Please help

reddevilggg

Expert

Re: No power reaching computer [Please help]
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:56:48 AM »

I moved around the cords at back of tower but still no power.

Not sure what this means!  You cant 'move them around', you can only reconnect them in the same place.

When you clicked sleep did the PC go into sleep mode or just power off?  If it went into sleep mode, how did you turn it off, it should just come out of sleep mode when you hit the space bar.
    11 cheers for binary !

I claw u out

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
      Finally fixed it,

I opened up the computer again and found no possible errors with the cords, I then put the power cord in the cpu and riggled it making sure there was power, Then i riggled it again and it must of gave the CPU enough electricity to run because i clicked on and it instantly went on. I know this might of been tragic but im willing to take a risk to get it running

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »

Finally fixed it,

I opened up the computer again and found no possible errors with the cords, I then put the power cord in the cpu and riggled it making sure there was power, Then i riggled it again and it must of gave the CPU enough electricity to run because i clicked on and it instantly went on. I know this might of been tragic but im willing to take a risk to get it running

Would of liked to have seen that!  :P The CPU is the Central Processing Unit that is inside your PC and resides underneath the heatsink and fan. I think you mean to say that you plugged the power lead into the back of the PC and 'riggled it'. I'm glad your fixed, but based on what you've posted in this thread, i think you'll be back quite soon.   ;)

11 cheers for binary !

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:55:01 AM »
      Um, riggled?   ???   It rhymes with jiggled.  Am I on to something here?

computer 12

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 05:00:17 AM »
        did you have any thing USB plugged in what were you doing is any fuse broken check

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 05:43:28 AM »
        You may safely ignore any advice from computer 12

blithe spirits

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »
        Very Scary!

zeroburn

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
          • Yes
          • Jared Kat Enterprises
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
        Would of liked to have seen that!  :P The CPU is the Central Processing Unit that is inside your PC and resides underneath the heatsink and fan. I think you mean to say that you plugged the power lead into the back of the PC and 'riggled it'. I'm glad your fixed, but based on what you've posted in this thread, i think you'll be back quite soon.   ;)

i dont think i would ever directly wire a 120v lead into a cpu. Bit overestimating with that overclock, eh?
        well, glad it is fixed.

CPU is the incorrect term to call a computer tower. Computer suffices as a description. Monitor would be on the desk. ext.
        just for future reference.
        I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.